Chia orbs are the perfect on the go snack for anyone looking for a sustainable energy boost. Loaded with protein, fiber and good fats, these orbs offer a delicious dose of balanced nutrition to power you up and keep your energy levels going strong. My boys love these as snacks and request a new batch whenever we run out. They are a constant item on my weekly menu planner. The bellow recipe makes a large batch (4-6 people) you may want to half it.
You will need:
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons nut butter of your choice (cashew or sesame)
- 12 tablespoons almond butter
- 6 tablespoons vegan protein powder
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- shredded coconut for rolling
Simply mix all your ingredients together, use a wooden spoon as the mixture is very thick and will take a bit of work to blend well. Roll into tablespoon size balls and roll in shredded coconut to perfection. Place in a glass container and store in the refrigerator.